How miserable I am
I feel like a fruitpicker who arrived here
after the harvest
There’s nothing here at all
There’s nothin at all here that could placate my hunger
The godly people are all gone
There’s not one honest soul left alive here on this planet
We’re all murders and theives
Setting traps here for even our brothers
And both of our hands
Are equally skilled
At doing evil
At bribing the judges
At perverting justice
Both of our hands
Both of our hands
The day of justice comes
And is even now swiftly arriving
Don’t trust anyone at all
Not your best friend or even your wife
For the son hates the father
The daughter despises even the mother
Look! Your enemies are right
Right in the room of your very household
And both of their hands are equally skilled
No, don’t gloat over me
For though I fall, though I fall
I will rise again
Though I sit here in darkness
The Lord, the Lord alone
He will be my light
I will be patient as the Lord
Punishes me for the wrongs
I’ve done against him
After that he’ll take my case
Bringing me to light and to justice
For all I have suffered
and all in one night, everything has changed. mind blank, heart racing, sweaty palms, and running feet. tell me i have this fear for no reason, and like the spring air it will all blow over. but i know, that my high hopes have bitten me back before. i tell myself do not be afraid, look ahead and set goals, but i know it’s all in vain. to some i’m running away trying not to look back, but i see myself running trying to find new beginnings. again.
stalk me, stalk me, saaay that you’ll stalk me.
for you, mcb.
things to happen in Atlanta:
1. Missed my fucking connecting flight, and had to wait for twelve hours until the next morning.
2. followed by a clan of marines, until i took shelter in a bathroom and a cleaning lady snuck me out.
3. hulu claimed my soul, and i invested 5 hours of my life i’ll never get back.
4. fell asleep cocooned in complimentary blankets, and was dusted by a half asleep maintenance man.
5. spent 2.25 on a vending machine, for one water. spent 7.00 for “free” wifi.
6. made friends with about six people who were old enough to get a hotel room, to eventually be creeped out that i had entertained the idea of going with them, and decided to sit by myself. i’m too friendly sometimes.
7. FOUND THE FUCKING SMOKING ROOM! BOOMSHAKALAKA.
8. absentmindedly rubbed my eye with taco bell sauce. FUCK.
9. smoked some more. half a pack is left.
10. stole a wheelchair, and people gave me free delta airlines gifts. win.